WordPress security plugins are necessary for any Business website. Freepcware is providing you the top 5 of 2020 best WordPress security plugins. Well, They’re still a vital tool for keeping your site locked uptight. Choosing the best WordPress security plugins can be difficult. Particularly because there are so many to pick from. With that said, the wide range of available options means you can customize your site’s security features to meet your specific needs.
Once you get to know some of the most popular and effective plugins on the market. You’ll make an informed decision regarding which ones to use.
In this post, we’ll introduce you to 5 top WordPress security plugins you may want to think about. Then we’ll provide some recommendations on the way to choose the simplest options for your site.
1. Wordfence Security — Firewall & Malware Scan
Another favorite when it involves wide security plugins is Wordfence Security.
It offers similar features to Sucuri, including:
- A WAF that blocks malicious traffic before it attacks your site
- Malware scanning to check files, plugins, and themes before they’re uploaded
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) and login limits to prevent brute force attacks
- Real-time live traffic and analytics monitoring
Additionally, Wordfence is simple to use and comparatively cheap.
All of the options listed above – together with the WAF – are free. The premium version of this plugin offers additional frequent scans, spam protection, and alternative advanced options for $99 per year.
2. Sucuri Security — Auditing, Malware Scanner and Security Hardening
Sucuri Security has a reputation for being one of the best and most comprehensive plugins on the market when it will be protecting your site.
- Activity auditing
- File monitoring
- Malware scanning (front-end scans for free or server-level scanning in the premium version)
- Security notifications
- A web application firewall (WAF) (premium version only)
However, to access features like the website firewall, SSL support, and more, you’ll need a paid Sucuri account. You’ll get limited access to the firewall for $9.99 per month or access to the complete Sucuri platform for $199.99 each year.
3. iThemes Security
Another famous part in WordPress security plugins is iThemes Security. aboard the previous 3 plugins, this tool is one in every of the most trusty and standard among WordPress users. With it, you’ll get access to:
- Brute force attack prevention
- Malware scanning
- 404 error detection
- Strong password enforcement for all users
iThemes Security professional incorporates extra security measures including two-factor authentication, multiplied malware scans, Google reCAPTCHAs, and more. It’s additionally the foremost cheap premium plugin we’ve mentioned up to now, at $80 each year.
4. All in One WP Security & Firewall
Moving on to some slightly lesser-known plugins, we’ve got All in One WP Security & Firewall. Its name makes a bold claim, but it has the feature list to back that up. Some highlights include:
- A ‘Login Lockdown’ feature to prevent brute force attacks
- File protection, editing, backups, and restoration
- Firewall protection
- A file change detection scanner
- Comment spam prevention
- Front-end copy protection
What’s more, this plugin is totally free. There’s no premium version, which suggests you get some of the more popular features without the high price.
5. Google Authenticator
Next up, Google Authenticator specializes in 2FA, integrating with a variety of form builder plugins to secure your login and registration processes. Additionally, it provides:
- IP address blocking
- User login monitoring
Google Authenticator’s pre offer additional features, including more authentication choices, multiple login options (including ‘passwordless’ login), and different authentication methods for specific user roles. Licenses start at as low as $5 per year.